It’s important that you read and understand what follows because it explains how Pawbits collect and use personal information provided to us.
We collect various information about you such as your full name, date of birth, address, contact information, payment information and billing address, order history and other information applicable to carry out your Order and in order to provide you with an ongoing improved level of service.
Such information will be gathered when:
- Accessing or placing an Order on the pawbits.co.uk Website
- Registering and creating a Pawbits Account
- Registering an email address to sign up for our newsletter
- Registering to receive or use discounts or promotional offers
- Registering to be part of any competitions or prize draws or similar with us or our affiliates
- Contacting us by telephone, email or writing to us or engaging with us on social media – we may keep a record of any correspondence.
- Completing any forms on the Website or associated link
- Competing any transactional forms
- Registering for employment with Pawbits or to become an affiliate or brand ambassador
- Visiting the Website and registering items to your Wishlist
Pawbits may keep any other information which can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
Personal information which you provide to us will be held securely and we will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation.
Please note that Pawbits reserves the right to disclose information in certain circumstances, as follows:
- Process any orders placed via the Website (please note that it may be necessary to pass your details to a third party so that they may fulfil certain functions such as supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered. Details may be retained for a reasonable timeframe after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, exchanges, etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable length of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these actions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, post, SMS mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, for which you have provided your details to us. We may contact you about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Pawbits, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of interest to you. Please note that this means you agree to passing your details on, on occasion to carefully selected third parties who may contact you about their products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Register you on the Website, and create your Account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your preferences).
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable timeframe following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by Pawbits. You will be required to read and agree to specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
- Carry out valuation and examination (for example market, customer and product research) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within the Pawbits which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority or body investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled or obliged to comply.
In circumstances where you contact us by phone, calls may be monitored without consent for the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; prevent or detect crime; to investigate unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; in the interests of national security; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then any access request may be subject to an administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Unsubscribe from Communications
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you no longer wish to receive information from us then you can unsubscribe.
You can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you or lead you to options for unsubscribing from that type of communication. Each “unsubscribe” link will only relate to that specific and singular type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications, etc).
Please allow time for us to receive and process your unsubscribe request and note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time until the request has being processed. Please also note you will not be able to unsubscribe from service emails associated with any Order such as Order confirmation emails, dispatch notifications, etc.
The Website and emails may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Websites of our advertisers, partners, affiliates and social media platforms. If you follow a link, create an account or provide your information to any of these Websites, these Websites have their own privacy policies and Pawbits does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check individual policies before you submit any personal details to these Websites. Please note it is at your discretion to submit personal information to these Websites.
Cookies help us to continuously improve your Pawbits experience.
Cookies refers to Website tracking which allows us to see how you found the Website, reward sites that brought you to us, see if you can access all of the features on the Website, see how you spend time on our site; how often you visit, how long for and how often you come back, when you first visited our site and help us develop relevant advertising.
Please note that we don’t control the setting of third-party cookies on links or social media sites, so we suggest you check the third-party Websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. Please be aware you can set your browser to delete or reject cookies yourself if so you wish.
Pawbits reserves the right to make changes to and update this policy at any time.